Maggie's own Stompin Ground (828-926-7767) and Raymond Fairchild's Maggie Valley Opry House (828-926-9336) offer some of the best bluegrass, country, gospel and old-time music in the area.
Haywood County is home to some of the mountain's most beautiful courses.
• Sequoyah National Golf Course
• Maggie Valley Club, 866-659-4725
• Laurel Ridge Country Club, 828-452-0545
• Iron Tree Golf Course & Driving Range, 828-627-1933
• Springdale Country Club, 800-553-3027
• Lake Junaluska Golf Course, 828-456-5777
• Waynesville Country Club, 800-627-6250
• The Grove Park In: 828-252-2711 - Where Relaxation Begins
• Hot Springs Resort & Spas: 828-622-7676 -world famous natural hot mineral water and massage therapists on staff
• Sensibilities Day Spa: 828-253-3222 – Providing relaxation and stress relief as well as the finest treatments for face & body
• Illusions Day Spa: 828-258-9558 – Enjoy at atmosphere of peace and serenity, and escape the stresses of your busy world
• Biltmore Park: 828-210-1660 – Shopping, dining and entertainment
• Pigeon Forge, TN: Home to Dollywood, one of the two Titanic Museum Attractions, and more, including shopping, theatres and shows.
• Asheville Mall: – Unlimited shopping possibilities.
Our pristine mountain creeks and stream provide a great adventure for the young and old. Licenses and permits are required and are available at Haywood Hardware (828-926-0300) in Maggie Valley.
George Vanderbilt's 250-room majestic mansion sits on more than 8,000 acres in Asheville and is the largest private home in America .
Great Smoky Mountains Railroad
Passengers ride in comfortable, reconditioned coaches, crown coaches, club cars, dining cars, and open cars. 800-872-4681
Unto These Hills
This powerful outdoor drama brings to life the story of the Cherokee people and the tragic Trail of Tears. 828-497-2111.
Oconaluftee Indian Village
Cherokee guides explain the history, culture and lifestyle of their ancestors, and visitors can experience traditional crafters including weavers, potters, woodworkers and others. 828-497-2315
For other area attractions, visit the Haywood County Chamber of Commerce or the Haywood County Tourism Development Authority